Question prescriptions from doctors

I highly recommend to do so.  As far as I can recall, I have never taken any medication beyond the required vaccines and shots.  I think my health is decent, so I have always wondered why others need to take so much medication.  Maybe it's just orders from the doctors.  Below is an excerpt from a pharmaceutical sales representative recently summarizing his work:
"I take the doctor out to dinner at a fancy restaurant, all expenses paid. As dinner winds down, I ask the doctor to recommend my company's brand for certain health conditions among his patients. Sometimes, the doctor will say that his office needs new equipment. I say how much? The doctor says $5,000. I say fine, but only if you write 100 scripts (prescriptions) for a specific drug made by our company each month. The doctor agrees, and we get him his new $5,000 machine."
 source

No comments:

Post a Comment